Nigel Wright have been appointed to support a key client with the recruitment of a commercial contracts manager in a newly created position. The organisation is a well established engineering business who service an international client base from their North East based head quarters. Due to growth in the complexity and resource requirements for their commercial contracts this is a newly created senior position within the business which will report into the board of directors.
- As a key part of the management team you will undertake an important new contracts management role across all aspects of our business.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts with both customers and the supply chain.
- Ensuring commercial governance and rigour is applied to all bids and live contracts to facilitate contract compliance, including service performance.
- Leading on commercial matters to deliver winning and financially effective solutions for bids and tender submissions to clients.
- Further development of commercial policy and guidelines including procedures, processes and an appropriate suite of standard contract terms and conditions for stakeholders.
- Advising sales and project managers on contractual implications, liabilities and appropriate courses of action, including identifying contract variation / change and implementation of change control processes.
- Advising on contractual risk and the production and management of commercial risk registers.
- Management of the internal contract commercial review process, contract matrix and Investor liaison where required.
- Preparation of monthly contract review information and reports (KPI`s and performance data).
- Development of a commercial training strategy to support bidding and contract management across the businesses.
- Ensuring that reference material to all pertinent commercial and contract legislation is available and identifying any forthcoming legislative impacts to management.
- Management of relationship with external legal team.
- It is essential that you can demonstrate a thorough understanding of commercial/contractual arrangements (including the ability to clearly interpret the same to management) and are capable of providing clear and robust contractual guidance.
- Disciplined yet flexible style and approach with an expert knowledge of contracts, commercial agreements and procurement approaches.
- Ability to lead and influence as well as operate in an advisory, supportive fashion.
- Able to translate complex situations clearly and concisely.
- An excellent communicator and strong but fair negotiator.
- Logical thinker with ability to consider the wider picture.
- Highly organised and personally motivated.
- Achievement and results driven.
- Law Degree or other relevant qualification and/or experience.
- Experience of working directly with senior managers, clients and suppliers.
- Management of a variety of commercial agreements gained through a progressive career.
- Ability to design and implement procedures and tailored commercial reporting