Due to growth, a manufacturing company that specialises in technical products are recruiting for a Commercial Manager to build on recent success.
With historic roots in the local area the company is well known and has a good reputation of employee satisfaction due to its inclusive culture.
The Commercial Manager will report to the Commercial Director, being responsible for the smooth running of the European operation.
Commercial Manager duties:
- Line management responsibility for the sales / customer service team and UK based sales managers, their performance and contribution to achieving business objectives.
- Through the direct reports, providing first class customer service and new business quotations to existing and new customers.
- Sales and Business Development responsibility with existing customers increasing the emphasis on the Key Account management approach, seeking to leverage any sales calls to up sell and cross sell products to increase profitable revenue. Timely management of new and repeat business quotations, new product introductions.
- Direct contact with and responsibility for managing agents and distributors located in a widespread geographical location. Develop the relationships and extend the business development.
- Coordination of support (from customer service, technical, quality, operations teams) for the external sales team, direct customers, agents and distributors.
Commercial Manager person specification:
- Honours degree in a relevant field (Engineering, Business Administration or Finance)
- Extensive experience in operations / engineering / programme / technical management
- Strong leader with customer focus, hunger and passion to drive business improvements in the commercial department of a complex company consisting of four distinct and different Business Units with a very large geographical and industrial market coverage.
- Achievement oriented and results driven, a confident, strong yet balanced people manager able to lead and develop a team consisting of office-based sales / customer service team and UK based external sales managers through a period of continuous change in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants to the Commercial Manager role will have outstanding commercial acumen including proactive selling, business development and negotiation skills.
As well as the salary there is a contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave entitlement, profit share scheme and discretionary bonus based on performance.
Due to the nature of the role there may be some international travel involved.
- Business Development
- Commercial Management
- Customer Service
- Manufacturing Environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job