Commercial Manager – Construction
Location: Great Dunmow
Salary: £50,000 pro rata
Job Type: Part time (2 to 3 days per week)
Our client is a well-established company based in Essex with many years’ experience in the architectural and secondary steelwork industry. They design, value engineer and manufacture many types of metalwork for almost every type of public or commercial building.
Summary of the Commercial Manager:
You will be responsible for the financial management of projects, recognizing business opportunities as well as reviewing, negotiating and agreeing contracts.
You will also continuously work to strategically expand, preserve or improve procedures, standards or policies whilst sticking to regulatory guidelines.
Main Responsibilities of the Commercial Manager:
- Dealing with contractual and legal matters
- Managing costs to make sure that the initial budget isn’t exceeded
- Settling the final accounts
- Monitoring financial progress for the project
- Managing all aspects of company insurances
- Managing applications for payments
- Management of variations
- Securing payments from main contractors
- Preparation and update of cash flow budgets
- Reporting of cash flows to senior management
As the Commercial Manager, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a Commercial Manager role within a construction environment is ESSENTIAL for this role.
- A proven track record of successful leadership of commercial activities
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- A capacity to deliver results to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop colleagues at all levels with a commitment to working with others to achieve the organisation’s priorities
- Well-developed business management skills and understanding of delivering an excellent customer service
- Ability to produce clear, concise and well-written reports on the performance of commercial activities using key metrics
- Ability to interpret information, analyse complex data, make sound judgements, appraise performance and manage risk
- Experience of building and construction
- Willing to be based around Dunmow and the surrounding areas
- A positive outlook, able to work on own initiative, and be resilient and decisive when needed.
If you have experience within a similar position then please apply!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job