Nigel Wright have been retained to recruit a Commercial Manager for Highfield Environmental who are one of the North East's leading total waste management businesses.. The company is investing in it's resources to support their growth strategy and are adding to this position to the team to provide a platform to build on their success.
- This will officially be a standalone commercial and business development / sales focused role. As a senior hire the role will still, however, involve the coordination of the workload of support staff.
- Building relationships with existing customers, strategically managing accounts and maximising revenue streams.
- Mapping out the market to target new business development opportunities.
- Generating meetings with senior level decision makers and delivering solution based commercial pitches.
- Negotiating and converting both new business and contract renewals / upgrades with decision makers.
- Contributing heavily to the design, implementation and execution of the organisational commercial strategy.
- Focusing on both revenue and market share growth.
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and teams, in particular the wider commercial team and the finance team.
- Ensuring that regular reviews are conducted with customers to ensure satisfaction and service levels are being achieved as well as identifying and developing new opportunities.
- Maintaining awareness of external factors including competitors, market developments and legislation etc. Liaising with the finance director and CEO on any relevant matters in these areas.
- Collating and reporting key management information both externally and internally (up line, down line and cross functionally).
- Working efficiently in line with budgets, financial and key performance indicator targets.
- Conducting investigations in relation to any health and safety issues related to the commercial activities of the business with sites / customer agreements (may be related to either / or / both internal / external incidents).
- Ideally a commercial business development background within the waste sector.
- Experience in strategically as well as operationally focused commercial roles.
- A track record of exceeding targets and growing revenue streams with both new and existing clients.
- The ability to develop relationships with decision makers, influencers and sources of information within client organisations.
- Strong negotiation skills and experience with a track record of high conversion rates from pitches.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- The ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Competent IT skills, with commercial experience of using Microsoft Office packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).