The role will include maintaining key supplier relationships. The role will involve extensive travel to visit customers, predominantly in Europe and North America and key suppliers in Asia and Europe as well as attending relevant trade fairs.
· To drive profitable sales growth across both sectors of the business.
· To maintain and develop excellent relationships with all customers.
· To negotiate business with customers including pricing and rebate programs.
· To support and help develop the sourcing strategy, maintaining excellent long-term relationships with all key suppliers.
· To negotiate business with key suppliers to ensure supply of critical raw materials.
· Through active commercial management ensure profit margins are maintained and increased where possible.
· To co-ordinate and prioritize the company’s technical resources to support sales growth and product quality.
· To control other costs of the business.
· To work closely and harmoniously with other colleagues in the business, notably finance, administration, logistics and regulatory.
· A chemistry background, preferably a graduate chemist.
· An ability to grasp the essential technical issues that underpin the business.
· Extensive international commercial experience both with customers and suppliers.
· A track record of growing chemical based businesses.
· Demonstrable evidence of having successfully devised and led a strategic approach to sales and margin growth
· Good techno-commercial awareness and the ability to construct a technical selling case.
· Willingness to travel frequently.
· Cultural awareness and flexibility.
· Excellent presentational skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Self-starter, ambitious, tenacious, adaptable.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Greg Robertson or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your CV should be in WORD format and no longer than 2 pages.
REED will send your application to email@example.com
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job