We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager to join a growing Construction company based In Jersey. As one of the largest Building Contractors in Jersey, our client have a number of projects, ranging from £3m - £40m+, due to commence within a variety of sectors including commercial, residential and refurbishment.
The successful Commercial Manager will be completing a range of duties revolving around winning new business, exploring new avenues of activity and seeking opportunities that the company can exploit in its bid to develop and grow. It is important that the Commercial Manager has previous experience in a similar role with a history of delivering results. In terms of qualifications, a degree or equivalent qualification would be beneficial but a solid work history is paramount.
Our client are able to offer genuine long term career opportunities for the successful candidate. Internal promotion is the preferred method meaning that plenty of opportunities will be afforded to deserving and ambitious candidates. For this reason, it is important that the Quantity Surveyor is able to show the willingness and work ethic required by my client. It is also expected that candidates will be happy to relocate for the role, although candidates looking to travel will still be considered.
Commercial Manager Position Overview
- Maximise returns and minimise losses by recognising and exploiting commercial opportunities.
- Authorisation of subcontract orders and payments
- Maintain existing relationships with clients and build new relationships to promote a positive image of the company.
- Dispute and resolve any possible financial risks to the company
- Collate and evaluate forecasts and incorporate this information into a monthly report.
- Work for a main contractor.
- Other, more specific, duties will be discussed at interview
Commercial Manager Position Requirements
- Proven track record of delivering results in a similar role
- Willing to relocate/ travel to Jersey
- Degree educated, or Management level Construction qualification
- History of strong tenure
Commercial Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary: DOE
- Competitive Package
- Other company benefits to be discussed
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy