Our client is a successful IT services provider and are currently looking for a Commercial Managerto support their continued expansion into further services; to deliver to existing customers and to assist with analysing the potential of future markets that the business intends to pursue.
Main Tasks and Objectives
- To be the first point of contact for pricing when tendering for new and existing business (Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and contract renewals) and co-ordinate the bid process.
- To create pricing models based on the customer requirements and the Company’s ability to provide profitable business.
- To draft contracts and addenda from first stage through to conclusion of the bid process.
- To liaise internally with senior account managers and business development managers at all stages during the tender and contract processes.
- To liaise with operational departments and finance to cost contract activities.
- To analyse contract and services profitability in conjunction with the finance department to ensure that the Company is meeting its budget expectations, driving margin improvement and revenue growth.
- To prepare internal and external reports using a variety of different data sources and systems and ensuring the accuracy of the output.
- To provide a source of expertise in carrying out market research.
Skills and experience required
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and to these skills to successfully build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers
- High level of analytical, numerical and evaluation skills - to be able to grasp the concepts described by customers of the challenges they have and then turn those concepts into deliverable services
- To be able to demonstrate a knowledge of contract drafting, the legal implications of contracts and able to review in a positive manner, documents that are presented during the course of contract negotiations
- High level of commercial acumen and a willingness to improve processes at all times. To be able to create pricing model to ensure services are delivered profitably and sustainably during the life of the contract
- Excellent planning, organisation and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to build rapport with people
- Effective research skills to ensure that accurate and timely information is found to build into the pricing models for the Company
- Able to prioritise, work under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Relevant commercial experience in services industry
- Significant background in IT Services arena
- Experience of pricing and tender processes
- Contract and or project costing and profitability analysis
- Experience of reporting and presenting information to interested parties
- Experience of carrying out research activities in order to achieve a business goal
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job