My client is the leading international consultancy and construction business; shaping cities and communities of the future by connecting clients, communities, suppliers and partners. They are seeking an experienced and talented Commercial Manager/Senior Cost Consultant to join their team.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Car allowance
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry; Matched pension, up to 7%
- Discretionary Bonus
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline.
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
- Professional qualification and/or membership of the RICS or other relevant Chartered Institute would be an additional advantage.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of Senior Management and Stakeholders
- Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions and reporting findings back to Clients and Internal Stakeholders.
- Experience in EA/residential/education/public sector
- Ability to travel to Hull on a daily basis
- Working on one of the biggest student accommodation projects in Hull; being the face of the project
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement , presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
- Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
- Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level and supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
- Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties.
- Reviews main contractors, including subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
- Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity and prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option.
Please call Aishah Abdulla at Randstad CPE to discuss further - /
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job