Commercial Head of Sales - Consumables
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Head of Sales to head up a brand new division within an existing and successful business.
This is a senior and a developing position, with the potential to be extremely successful and quickly move to a role that is leading a category with a small team to support the success of the role.
You will be an expert in Sales and commercial strategy for the distribution of consumables via distributors to all market segments across the UK. As head of this new consumables division you will need to have a strong skill set in negotiation, communication, and strategic acumen to grow the range and drive the division forward.
You will be responsible for driving market research, customer insight, supplier networking, product research, pricing and marketing strategies and aggressive sales growth.
The go-to market strategy will ensure, problem solving and innovative products are delivered to market at the right time, through the most appropriate route to market via collaboration with all internal stakeholders; working with sales and marketing teams to produce a robust pipeline of winning products that support the overall business strategy
As Commercial Head of Sales you will ultimately be responsible for the overall strategy for sourcing, positioning and selling a consumables range of products to the global market. The role is based flexibly from home/ office which is based in Dorset.
- You will relish responsibility, take accountability and enjoy building relationships; Fully accountable for the consumables category and ensure success across all new consumable products
- Proactive and someone who constantly strives to do better, with drive, determination and a strong desire to challenge the status quo. A self-starter who uses their initiative to overcome problems, make commercial decisions and deliver results.
- To develop a robust set of category plans that will ultimately deliver the budgeted growth for each consumable area, working closely with the sales and marketing teams.
- Become the expert and go to person for all consumable requirements including planning, promotional, strategic or tactical.
- Use all available routes to market including our direct sales force, existing and new distribution channels.
- Lead the implementation of the consumables plan with marketing, International Sales and UK (Care and hospital) Sales teams.
- Provide recommendations for future development to the strategy.
- Meet with suppliers, existing and potential new partners to review performance and areas for improvement.
- Work with the teams to analyse customer buying behaviour and design strategies that drive sales of previously un-purchased products.
- Deliver the agreed budget numbers for gross profit, revenue and product category growth.
- Work closely with all sales teams to support the delivery of the sales targets, identify customer needs, new product opportunities and competitor activity.
- Utilise the company tools such as CRM.
You will the following skills for the role:
Comprehensive experience in Senior Sales and strong marketing understanding.
Experience in the Medical and Consumable industry- janitorial products/cleaning consumables
Proven experience of delivering category/product plans.
Current driving license and ability to take business trips when required.
If you have the above experience, this is an exceptional opportunity to forge your career and have ownership of an exciting development for this successful business, please do apply.
- New Product Ideas
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'