H9 Technical are currently working with the quarries division of a major Waste Management business, in the recruitment of a Commercial Manager, to be based at the company office in Knottingley, West Yorkshire.
The Commercial Manager role is to manage and develop all the commercial elements of the quarries business. Working as part of a small management team you will be directly responsible for managing the sales and admin office to ensure high customer service and the delivery of the quarries budget.
- To manage and develop all the commercial elements of the quarries business.
- Responsible for managing, developing and motivating a sales office
- Developing new business opportunities;
- Maintain and grow key accounts;
- Advising potential clients on product specifications;
- Responsible for all quotations, tenders, pricing and customer service;
- Maintain correct product mix of sales to ensure maximum margin;
- Monitor haulage contractor’s performance via KPIs, and ensure competitiveness;
- Product development, adding value to existing product range;
- Liaise with site staff on major civil engineering schemes, to ensure production matches product program requirements on site;
- Arrange product compliance testing:
- Providing information for evaluation of performance, based on previous sales figures
- Investigate complaints/queries, and implement resolutions;
- Previous Aggregate sales experience
- Knowledge of Quarrying /Inert waste and recycling operations
- Knowledge of aggregates/concrete properties
- Knowledge of Highway/Civil Engineering specifications
- Knowledge of inert waste acceptance/Duty of Care
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- For this position you should have relevant experience, ideally of similar work in the quarrying industry and above all, a positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work.
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, company car and market-leading benefits package.
Please respond to this advert today and we will be in touch to discuss the role with you further.
- Civil Engineering
- Commercial Management
- Waste Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job