Commercial Manager (Plastics) - Recycling - National
An exciting role has just become available for a national Commercial Manager (Plastics) in Recycling, reporting to the Business Development Director. This role would ideally suit someone with a varied commercial background, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities. The post holder will develop and maintain all DS Smith’s (DSS) UK Plastic activity, selling all volumes and assisting the DSS Commercial and New Business Teams to deliver profitable new business. The role will also oversee the administration, analysis and compliance of all activities, with account management responsibilities for both vendors and customers.
The successful candidate must have the flexibility to travel extensively throughout the UK.
What being a Commercial Manager at DS Smith will involve…
• Driving and increasing sales of all plastics, including national account, 3rd party, and depot related tonnage direct to end markets.
• Assistance to Commercial and New Business Teams, for purchasing of material, as well as targeting own material supplies (trading)
• Supporting European Business Development Manager Plastics in development and management of domestic, European and deep sea end markets
• Added value and innovation projects, internally and externally.
• Management of working capital related to plastics; maintaining low stock levels and managing debtors and creditors, including managing payment terms and credit terms.
• Reporting on KPIs relating to volume, working capital, and margin.
• Analysis and maintenance of profit margins in line with plans of the Business Development Director, and European Business Development Manager, Plastics.
• Liaise with Key Accounts and Commercial teams to manage Non Paper National Account Price matrices, ensuring they stay in line with margin expectations and the current market.
• Work Closely with the Compliance Team, ensuring all customers that handle our materials are legally compliant. This includes undertaking of site audits where required.
What we would like our candidate to have…
• Good level of general education (degree) literate, articulate
• Experience of waste management and recycling
• Experience of plastics, preferably in a recycling environment. Understanding of plastic grading and deep-sea export compliance and processes advantageous.
• Experience of interacting with blue chip customers at an operational and/or commercial level
• A knowledge of compliance relating to the collection, transportation, and processing of plastics; including that of export and TFS regulations
• A Good understanding of Excel and how to extract data to accurately report to the business
• Good understanding of commercial processes, and how to calculate margin on current and prospective business
• Good understanding of technology, innovation and the plastic processing industry
• Superb presentation and communication skills
• Great commercial negotiator
• Proven network of contacts in both purchasing and sale of plastic advantageous.
• Ability to work autonomously and track record as a self-starter
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 28,500 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'