The business distribute goods for a variety of household retailers and have multiple sites across West Yorkshire. Having experienced YOY growth over the last 5 years they are building on their commercial Finance function and looking to add a newly qualified Accountant to their team.
Working in a thriving Finance team this role has direct responsibility for the preparation of management accounts, budgets, customer tenders and ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required.
You will report into the Head of Commercial Finance so have lots of exposure to the wider business and be able to assist in influencing commercial and strategic decision making.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Preparation and presentation of monthly management accounts.
- Detailed overhead variance analysis.
- Communicating and liaising with the operations team to raise the profile of finance, ensure effective budgeting and cost control whilst helping to develop a thorough understanding of departmental results.
- Develop and improve effective KPI reporting to improve performance and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Ongoing development of management information including effective cost centre reporting.
- Preparation of forecasts, budgets and tenders for new business.
- Assist in the gathering of information on departmental costs.
Ideally you will be at the latter stages or have recently completed your accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
The role will also require you to have excellent analytical and numerical abilities alongside experience of management accounts.