Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Commercial Lettings Officer – 12 – 18 Month Maternity Cover Contract
£30,624 per annum (rising to £34,620 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Working within the Group’s Commercial business area, the Commercial Lettings Officer will be joining a small team going through an exciting period. As the team look to develop their offering and with a view of future expansion this is an excellent opportunity to take on a varied role with the added potential for travel and training.
The role of Commercial Lettings Officer will include –
- Delivering a quality housing management service
- Acting as the first point of contact for the management of a small portfolio of privately rented and commercial leasehold properties
- Managing lettings and undertaking any necessary marketing
- Managing tenancies, property inspections, income arrears and dealing effectively with anti-social behaviour
- Liaising with key stakeholders such as our Maintenance teams to ensure properties are kept in excellent condition and void re-let times are minimised
- Having an active involvement with business improvement projects and plans.
Skills and experiences –
- Previous experience in housing, either within a housing association or a lettings agency
- Excellent customer service skills with an understanding of contracts and tenancy agreements
- An organised and self motivated individual with outstanding problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily build rapport
- Experience using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential, knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Travel is a requirement of the role; therefore a full, current driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Learning and development opportunities.
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 16 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job