Commercial Interior Design Specialist
Are you a qualified Interior Designer who loves working with clients face to face? Would working in a highly creative environment, in a niche design role, appeal to you?
Our client is a leading luxury flooring specialist based in Coventry. They have unrivalled success in design, service and manufacturing in the UK and internationally. It is a pleasure to walk around their modern, spacious offices and see happy people who, whilst part of a big company, all enjoy the family feel. Their work is seriously impressive and at the luxury end of the market, and they continue to expand with new product lines both UK and internationally. The environment is inclusive, highly creative, inspiring, forward thinking and passionate.
This is a newly created role to provide large commercial clients with a consultative flooring design service resulting in a high degree of satisfaction with their flooring decisions. The role is a balance of off-site client meetings (across the UK and some globally) and on-site, within the design studio at the Coventry office. First and foremost, it is a Layout Pattern Design role (how else could you consult so passionately), but with the remit to work with your clients and inspire the design team with your client insight.
- Work in the design team on layout pattern design range projects - this involves plenty of mood boarding and collaboration
- Attend customer meetings to provide a design consultation service in supporting customers to design for their own projects
- This will include advising on zoning, transition, integrating products, colour and texture, design inspiration and research support for ideas and trends
- Source relevant Images and samples for visualisation purposes and create mood-boards or components for customer’s own boards, as required. This may be 2D CAD drawings and bespoke 3D visualisations, working with relevant internal teams as required
- Participate in focused market and competitor research and inspire and educate the wider design team
...and lots more!!
First and foremost is your passion for design and innate creativity! You may not have experience on pattern work before but one look at what our client produces and you’ll be itching to! As well as this and of equal importance are your relationship building skills and experience in a client-facing role.
- A good understanding of interior design, with a natural interest in different design types/industries
- The ability to carry out trend and market research
- Competent use of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and 2D CAD programs
- Proactive and independent
- A supportive nature and team spirit
- Keen eye for colour and detail
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to take on responsibility and project manage, keeping projects on track
- 2-5 years’ experience in a commercial interior design studio/similar role
- Awareness/understanding of the manufacturing process, including prototyping and engineering
- Design-related degree or similar relevant qualification
To apply for the role of Commercial Interior Design Specialist, please send your CV to us as soon as you can, or call for more details - plenty more to tell you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'