Our One Insurance Solution office is located in our fantastic new offices located in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh and is home to our Commercial and Motor insurance teams; providing cover for a wide portfolio of products such as (but not limited to) public liability, professional indemnity, commercial combined, property and motor.
The underwriting team is responsible for the operational effectiveness of the online SME and binder underwriting function in Southampton. Reporting to our Head of Operations, as an underwriter you will underwrite new and existing business profitably, accurately and in line with our newly established underwriting practice. You will be technically able to work with the pricing and development teams and can demonstrating the Brightside values at all times. The underwriting function provides a single point of continuity between commercial non motor insurers and the Brightside group, providing protection for each party, product insights and innovation, pricing analysis (in conjunction with the pricing team) and support for the insurer management function.
Make decisions on behalf of insurer where underwriting is delegated
Support and provide resource for insurer audits as required
Creating an environment that will facilitate strong performance and increase profitability
Staying up to date with new initiatives to interpret and pass on new product/technical/customer and organisational developments
Maintain a sound knowledge of the business and industry to support commercially aware strategic decisions
Comply with all relevant legislative and legal requirements, including industry regulations, employment law, Data Protection and Health and Safety through attending appropriate training, and maintaining competence in the relevant area.
More than 2 years’ experience in general insurance and commercial underwriting
A high level of commercial and product awareness to aid the growth of the business and ensure continued relevance of our products to clients/customers
- Experience of working with delegated authorities and rate calculators
Education, Knowledge & Skills
Broad knowledge of general insurance
Delegated authority experience
Regulatory knowledge, FCA & TCF
Graduate or graduate calibre
CII qualification preferred
Confident communicator who is able to form and develop relationships with insurers and internally across all level of stakeholder
- Health Cash Plan from Healthshield.
- Take your Birthday off! Here at brightside we give you your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- 22 days holiday, rising by one each year, up to 27 days in total - plus bank holidays
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £500 for recommending a friend.
- A salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- We reward our long serving employees through extra holiday and one off cash rewards.
- We could save you up to £900 on your Childcare costs through our Kiddivouchers scheme.
- A variety of Staff Discounts covering: Gym memberships, Restaurants, Beauty salons, Spas, Car garages, Golf memberships, Wedding accessories and much much more!!
Our brand new spacious brokerage is located at Gateway House in Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh.
- Commercial Insurance
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Public Liability
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job