Visit premierir.co.uk for details of this job and many more
This leading Independent Insurance Broker is looking for a Commercial Insurance Handler to deal with Commercial Insurance Clients.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- To negotiate, directly and with the assistance of the broking team, with insurers and underwriters to obtain the best deal for requirements of the client.
- Assist the Account Executives to achieve agreed renewal and cross sales targets for the account.
- Ensuring that all documentation for renewing and amending the clients’ policies is accurate and completed in accordance with the company procedures and timescales.
- Assisting clients and our claims team in the initial reporting of claims within the company procedures.
The knowledge and experience the role requires:
- 2 years commercial insurance experience, preferably in an environment where there has been exposure directly with clients.
- Good knowledge of all commercial classes, the general insurance market and underwriting and rating factors and how they are applied to all the major classes of commercial insurance.
- Computer literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with clients, both over the phone and in writing.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Awareness of risk management factors such as health and safety, construction, security and industry processes.
- Progress towards a relevant professional qualification would be useful but not essential as support will be provided.
Please note that we try to notify Candidates regarding the success of their job applications, however, this is not always possible, due to the high level of applications received. If you do not hear from us within 10 days, please note that unfortunately you have not been successful with regard to this particular role in Alfreton, Derbyshire.
- Commercial Insurance
- Communication Skills