Commercial Insurance Claims Team Leader
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: £28,364 per annum, plus excellent benefits
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Do you possess the patience and measured approach needed to take on due diligence and process driven to deadlines? Can you use your own strong initiative when assisting team members?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven Claims Team Leader to join one of the world's largest insurance brokers.
Keeping the customer at the heart of what can be a difficult and stressful time takes a certain skill and our client wants to ensure their customers are fully supported.
This role requires a strong people manager to manage a team of claims negotiators, assist with technical support, motivate, coach and direct a team of attentive and experienced individuals whilst remaining compliant and adhering to company and legal guidelines.
- You are to ensure that business is transacted in accordance with all regulatory requirements and principles. Focusing on legal requirements, company rules and industry best practice; you will be the subject matter expert to your team.
- Produce the required management information accurately and on time, and investigate and provide explanation of any issues or variances arising.
- Provide technical support on claims including taking over the management of these if required whilst seeking ways to reduce the cost of claims to insurers, by monitoring leakage, correct validation and recovery
- Support the client servicing teams by providing, analysing and interpreting information of data as required. You will need to have first class communication skills as this can include delivering presentations to client.
- Taking care of customers who wish to have their claim raised at any stage and try and Resolve Complaint at earliest opportunity
- Support effective relationships with all external service suppliers and insurers
- Maintain and develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry and the insurance implications of any changes and communicate the knowledge to all relevant people to assist them in the delivery of the service
- Contribute to projects and other activities within the business
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1's and feedback appraisals with direct reports
- Previous experience within claims handling coupled with a desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills. Being risk aware in handling customer information and providing good customer service focus
- Although you will be the first point of contact for your team members, we need to be assured that you can identify potential risks or issues and seek advice if you feel it necessary
- Strong communication, good planning and analytical skills and of course accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Eligible to work in the UK
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job