Commercial Insurance Account Handler
Our Client is looking to hire a Commercial Account Handler to join their existing team. The role is permanent and based in the Poppleton office in York
Our Client is a rapidly growing insurance intermediary group. Having launched in 2015, the group has completed a dozen acquisitions and grown to 800 employees across 25 locations across the UK and Guernsey. The group intends to continue its rapid growth for the next few years.
Overall objective of the role:
To generate revenue and develop the profitability of the business whilst ensuring full FCA compliance and ensuring a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
To actively look for cross-selling and up-selling opportunities at all times in respect of other insurance broking business, be able to recognise financial services selling opportunities. To develop product knowledge to enhance the image and effectiveness of the office and to remain compliant with the FCA at all times.
Small Commercial & Personal lines business:
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with the client, the insurer and conducting related administration work:
- New business, Renewals, Midterm adjustments, Queries & Premium financing arrangements
- Use checklists and support documentation as provided by the Company to assist with demonstrating FCA compliance.
- Handle complaints in accordance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual Training & Compliance scheme applicable to you.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional client care standards at all times.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and ensure expert advice in all areas of business.
- When unsure in any matter, ensure it is referred to manager or experienced colleague
- Proactively and enthusiastically prospect potential new clients, through Company marketing campaigns and promotional activities in line with Company procedures.
- Where necessary actively secure renewal business by re-broking existing business to ensure the client is presented with the most suitable and cost effective cover.
- Ensure bad debt queries are dealt with efficiently and in line with company.
- Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the Company and its clients.
- Comply with the administration requirements of any given insurer.
- Assimilate all Company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
- Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with Company procedures.
- Maintain all files in accordance with Company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Ideal candidate will have 2-3 years' experience within a similar role
- Customer focused
- Strong work ethic, flexible and adaptable
- Team orientation
- Clear and concise communication skills written/verbal
Please aply using the attached link
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job