Commercial Insurance Account Handler - City of London
Salary to £40,000 DOE + Bonus, pension and other flexible benefits
Our client is a Lloyds Broker based within the City of London, currently looking for a Senior Account Handler to join their broking and development team. The role will suit someone with at least 3 years’ experience working in the Commercial Dept of a Lloyds Broker. Experience in Liability, Property, CAR, PI and all aspects of non marine business would be preferable.
- General administrative duties including scanning, filing, entering data onto relevant spreadsheets and preparing and production of Insurance documents and contract endorsements.
- Liaise with brokers on a daily basis, answering incoming telephone calls and chasing brokers for any additional data required
- Maintenance of Underwriter’s bordereaux through the use of Microsoft Excel
- Inputting & updating policies on in-house systems.
- Account management including renewal chasers through to file closures
- Maintain an electronic and paper filing system
- Full responsibility of handling all transactions placed via Lloyds through Xchanging systems, including the reconciliation of queries.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the clients and prospects
- Negotiating extensions with underwriters and premiums on MTA’s
- Providing broker support and creating documentation to be taken to the market e.g. creation of an MRC slip
- Management of in-house schemes, ensuring Bordereau’s are up to date and all data recorded is accurate.
- Booking surveys on behalf of insurers and maintaining communication with brokers on all requirements following issuance of reports
- Working for a number of different insurers and accounts and ensuring time management and attention to detail is to a high standard at all times.
- Specialty business types: Waste and Recycling, Liability risks and Asbestos insurance
Education and Qualifications
At least 5 A-C Grade GCSE’s including English, Maths and ICT.
Desirable: Insurance qualifications e.g. CII
Skills & abilities
- Ability to manage own time, meet deadlines and prioritise work
- Attention to detail, numerate and accurate
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Organised and methodical approach to work and problem solving
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong contribution to the team through own ideas, initiatives and concepts.
If you wish to apply for the position please complete the link and a consultant from Cameron James will be in contact with you for a confidential discussion
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"