JOB TITLE: Commercial Gas and Heating Engineer
JOB LOCATION: Yorkshire
RESPONSIBLE TO: Contract Manager and Contract Engineer
A Commercial Gas and Heating Engineer is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for a Commercial Gas and Heating Engineer to be centrally based in Leeds. All areas of Yorkshire are covered, North up to Scarborough and across to Skipton, then South down below Sheffield and into Lincolnshire over to the East Coast. It is acceptable to reside in any of these locations.
A vacancy has arisen for an experience commercial gas and heating engineer. The primary role is to respond to callouts for the mobile sites across the contract portfolio. Callout rota is also a requirement, with strong paperwork skills as well as a strong ability for Customer Service. The Engineers responsibilities to include Planned Maintenance, specifically gas servicing and reactive breakdowns.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will be primarily be to work on a reactive basis, but to include maintaining, servicing and repairing various types of commercial heating systems, principally within commercial premises. Due to the nature of the contract, install work and heating plumbing/pipework experience would be required so knowledge of installations would be an advantage. The ideal candidate will have worked within a similar environment previously.
- C&G or HNC/D Mechanical or Electrical
- NVQ Plumbing/Heating
- Candidates must have the following Commercial & Domestic Gas Qualifications; COCN1, ICPN1, ICAE1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, TPCP1, UHWS, CPA1, CCN1, CKR1, CENWAT.
- Possess comprehensive technical skills along with extensive experience in commercial fault finding and rectification.
- Comprehensive knowledge of both commercial and domestic heating systems.
- Good all round knowledge of fixed electrical systems & controls/BMS.
- Good commercial heating and DHW plumbing skills.
- Good interpersonal & communicating skills, flexible approach to work/Clients’ requirements.
- Be prepared to work out of hours from time to time and participate in the callout rota. Good organisational skills and have a positive attitude.
- DBS enhanced check required
PERSONAL APTITUDES AND SKILLS
- Logical thinker in fault finding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working within a team environment. Able to contribute to group success whilst willingly following instructions of others.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work requirements, willing to accept change.
- Customer focused
- Willing to volunteer help
- Clean driving licence
- Compliant to Company and site personnel policies
- Compliant to Company’s smoking, alcohol and drugs policy
- The incumbent may be required to adopt a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of the commercial sector.
SALARY: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Commercial Gas and Heating Engineer with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job