Commercial Financial Accountant
Head of Commercial Finance
As a Commercial Financial Accountant, you will support Senior Management in delivering improved financial performance in their areas. Over time we expect the Commercial Finance Team to provide analysis on all areas of Softcat’s business.
- You will be producing new analysis on our performance across a range of variables such as customer profiles;
- Propose and implement any improvements you identify to existing analysis, helping to make them robust and repeatable;
- Working closely with the Senior Management (including the CFO) and their direct reports on a day-to-day basis, using financial information to inform them on business performance or decisions;
- Support budgeting, forecasting and longer term strategic planning across the company;
- Demonstrate aptitude for understanding numbers and making commercial recommendations from that information. You will need resilience to deal with the challenges that Senior Management will make when making significant decisions; and
- Ensure the non-financial Senior Management understand what your analysis shows and the data you present is suitable for the audience and provides meaningful direction to the business.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA);
- Validated background of producing new analysis from scratch and improving existing work;
- Excellent communicator, outgoing and comfortable with different types of people. Must be able to articulate what their analysis shows and defend their recommendation on what to do next;
- Thorough approach with high level of accuracy and numeracy;
- Strong excel skills;
- An ability to work individually or collaboratively as required;
- A flair for handling numerous work streams simultaneously, coupled with a talent for prioritisation based on business requirements; and
- Results orientated, with a focus on providing meaningful information to Senior Management.
Passion. Intelligence. Fun. Responsible; these are the core values which define Softcat. We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. The business is based on two key principles: outstanding customer service and employee satisfaction- both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business.