An exciting new role for a commercially focussed finance professional with a Retail/FMCG background to take on this newly created role. As the lead and primary point of contact for Retail Finance, supporting the Retail Director and his leadership team, this newly created role is to act as a custodian / business partner across retail through the provision of high quality commercial analysis, strategic insight and support.
The team plays a key role in ensuring we deliver the company plan, through focused cost control and initiatives. Retail Finance are also responsible for ensuring plan equity, driving operational improvements and maximising in store EBITDA, providing support for new projects/innovations and the successful delivery of the 3-5 year plan.
You will be responsible for understanding and driving improvements in the commercial performance of the entire retail portfolio, through providing business partner support to the Retail Director and other members of the SMT
The main responsibilities include:
- Driving delivery of the 2017 plan in partnership with the RD & SMs
- Supporting the leadership team on interpreting their performance
- Providing guidance to help mitigate risks and capitalise on opportunities
- Updating the field team on the corporate performance and commercial challenges
- Interpreting and communicating trends within financial data to celebrate and challenge the Senior Director and Store Manager population
- Identifying opportunities to improve sales/profitability
- Ensuring equity across the store plans and overlay principles
- Engaging Store Managers on the plan principles
The regional team you will be supporting are field based but there are regular touch points such as:
- Weekly performance updates
- Monthly divisional forums
- Monthly P&L reviews
- Quarterly commercial reviews
- Qualified Accountant
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Confident and pro-active with the ability to challenge stakeholders
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Good commercial awareness
- An ability to influence at a senior level
As part of the retail leadership team you will need to stay close to the heart of their business, the stores, and this is a great opportunity to truly understand the commercial challenges they are facing and how their stores operate.