The role is tasked with the delivery of a comprehensive commercial finance function to a growing retail operation, forming a key member of the retail SMT. The position is key to influencing decision makers across the organisation.
The charity is a UK based disability charity that has been providing support and raising awareness of the issue. They are currently in the process of a period of change as they look to expand and change their operations across the UK.
The key responsibilities of the job are:
To improve performance through focus on areas such as profitability, cost control, risk, business planning, cash flow, working capital and capital investment appraisal.
To understand the detail but equally the overall key drivers and metrics that measure our services and products. You will need to provide the financial discipline to stakeholders, setting their budgets, measuring their performance and guiding them to hit their targets
- To manage P&Ls and Balance Sheets to ensure that the commercial position is sound at all times, and that any projects undertaken have been properly evaluated before implementation.
To support budgeting, forecasting and other ad hoc decision making as the departments implement their strategies. Examples include Fundraising donor acquisition and Retail store profitability.
You will be a CCAB qualified accountant from charity retail or retail background with a strong technical ability. Furthermore the ideal candidate will have the following experience:
Current or previous retail industry experience
- Previous experience of producing management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
- Understanding of building and challenging business cases.
- Exposure to financial modelling, either manipulating financial models or creating from scratch.
- Experience dealing with senior stakeholders and advising on financial issues.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job