Global Media giant are looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to manage the end to end revenue recognition process for the UK business. The key requirement of the role is to make a difference to the reporting and to mentor and train the 5 Management Accountants to be Commercial business partners. To ensure that the systems, controls and process are robust and eliminate any risk of revenue leakage. Due to the demands of the role, you must be commercially minded and able to work on your own initiative.
- Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
- To oversee the accurate recording of billings and income on a monthly basis in line with the Agency's revenue recognition policy.
- To lead the budget / reforecast and consolidation of income including review and challenge of assumptions with the client leads.
- To oversee the production of the monthly MA packs, reviewing each pack upon completion and attending monthly reviews.
- To work with the Head of FP&A to design and implement best in class management reporting pack, tailored to the Agency's requirements.
- To work with the Management Accountants to enhance the level of their analysis, including leading best practise sessions in this area.
- To train the Management Accountants to understand and monitor the contractual requirements of their clients
- To act as the Financial Controller for a joint venture business: Oversee preparation of monthly P&L and Balance sheet reporting including analysis and commentary of results; Oversee preparation of budgets and reforecasting; Oversee preparation of year end statutory accounts; Monthly and quarterly presentations to Senior Management
- Understanding of the media and communications industry
- Understanding core financial concepts such as reconciling and maintaining balance sheet accounts and income recognition
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- Ability to manage a team of 5
- Ability to manage different stakeholders, with gravitas and self confidence.
- The ability to understand commercial contracts and the importance of commercial compliance
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills