Salary: Up to £35,000 + 5% flexible benefit fund
NHS Shared Business Services Limited has a new opportunity for a Commercial Finance Consultant to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Finance Manager you will be responsible for providing analysis and support to the Business for new and existing Client propositions on existing and new service lines. This will cover all financial and commercial aspects from initial baseline to delivery handover documents.
This role would be ideal for anyone who is passionate about helping to financially shape and drive new business.
- Maintaining and developing pricing models across all lines of business and attending and presenting on pricing calls.
- Sales pipeline and renewals pipeline reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Supporting larger complex deals, providing financial and commercial analysis and contract reviews. To include complex deals such as:
o capital expenditure
o third party supplier negotiation
o new service lines / new business opportunities
- Supporting the Business Development and Client Partnership Team in reviewing, querying and establishing the Client baseline, producing pricing models, presenting proposals for SBS Executive governance sign off.
- Working with legal to review contracts, highlighting risks and working with the Business to identify potential mitigations.
- Preparing and issuing Client contracts, ensuring all appropriate governance has been obtained prior to issue.
- Preparing and distributing Sales to Delivery handover notes to all key stakeholders in the process
- Ad Hoc analysis on historic sales and order bookings.
- Provide commercial advice and training to the Business on an ad hoc basis.
- Part Qualified / Passed Finalist / Newly Qualified Accountant
- Financial modelling, updating existing and creating new financial models, including sensitivity analysis.
- Comfortable in Client facing situations, able to clearly articulate the Business’s commercial position and represent the Business in commercial discussions with Clients as required, providing support to the Sales and Client Partnership Teams
- Ability to analyse, assimilate data, and be able to clearly present findings to financial and non-financial audience for decision-making
- Flexibility when required to deliver to tight deadlines. This will involve a degree of time and location flexibility with some travel to Client and Business locations for meetings and workshops
- Excellent excel, and good Word and PowerPoint skills
- Financial modelling
- Contracts and contractual mechanisms around charging, service performance and mitigating Business risks.
- Outsourcing of services and or management of outsourced services.
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.