Commercial Finance Broker
£30,000 - £50,000
+ Options for equity
A brand new venture backed byone of the North West’s most respected PE houses, and part of a wider successful organization is looking for a Commercial Finance Broker to grow and develop this business. This ambitious financial organisation will provide a new way of accessing finance to help SMEs grow and realise their potential. By using a combination of technology and great people, this takes away any complexities and give their clients the peace of mind they are making the right decision for them and their business, priding themselves on being the upmost relationship focused with tech-driven success.
This role will be assisting commercial clients in sourcing and securing finance to purchase, expand or re-finance their business, primarily unsecured commercial finance, bridging finance, invoice and trade finance. The ideal candidate will also be able to analyze potential risk of the deal against lender criteria to assist in the referral of qualified leads to a prestigious panel of lenders. This will include the initial fact finding call with customers, underwriting of customer applications, negotiations with customers and lenders, streamlining administration task within the process and completing the finance procedure.
The role will evolve as the business grows and the lead broker/underwriter would ideally take on oversight of the business operations, including recruitment and assigning resource to take on the optimised tasks that are identified in the initial 3-6 months of the venture (this will include a full budgeting process). The senior leadership team will be made up of experienced individuals from a number of finance/broker backgrounds and they will be hands on in their approach to helping the successful candidate grow the business.
- Maintain up to date market knowledge to enable the identification of appropriate finance solutions for customers including but not limited to bridging, invoice and trade finance.
- To maintain ongoing contact with prospective clients to ensure the company is foremost in their minds for any business finance opportunity.
- To prepare and submit quality applications for finance on behalf of clients.
- To identify and develop relationships with active lending institutions.
- To be aware of FCA guidelines and regulations and have a good knowledge of the regulatory framework to understand what we can and cannot do for customers and how the customer journey should be undertaken to ensure best practices are achieved.
- Build relationships with lenders and their representatives, interacting and negotiating with them on a daily basis.
- Create a knowledge base for different lender procedures and documents required.
- To present and promote the business as a professional organisation with the highest standards of excellence and client care.
- To contribute to the development of the business’ corporate image and perception as a whole by demonstrating quality, consistency and reliability.
- To comply with company policies regarding equal opportunities, health and safety and data protection (GDPR).
- To identify areas of growth through marketing opportunities, gaps in lender spaces and sales process techniques.
- Commercial finance broker experience (B2B) in bridging, trade and invoice finance.
- At least 3 years management experience in a broker environment.
- Experienced with assessing company accounts
- Experience in prime, mid and subprime lending.
- Understanding of working with and negotiating with lenders within the finance market (including lender systems and APIs with lenders).
- Experience of growing a business sustainably over a number of years, and what is required for that to happen (including a recruitment strategy, onboarding, training and development in house).
- Setting up reporting systems and feedback loops to track performance and reasons for performance movements.
- Existing lender relationships that can help the business grow would be ideal, but not essential.
- Ideal opportunity for an experienced commercial finance broker who excels in a sales environment to take a leadership role of a new startup venture in a similar field to what they work in now.