From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.ROLE OBJECTIVES
The key purpose of the role will be to interpret and analyse industry, commercial and financial data as well as validating and approving key supplier invoices. The role holder will be expected to make a contribution to the business’ financial performance by identifying potential areas of gross margin leakage. In addition, the role will also support the wider Finance team as and when required.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct analysis and validation of industry invoices.
- Taking ownership of the commodity trade confirmations process and reconciliation and agreement of intercompany invoices, ensuring that all commodity invoices are settled in line with the prevailing commodity purchase agreements.
- Conduct variance analysis between industry costs and customer billing.
- Investigate reasons for under-recoveries and gross margin leakage and liaise with internal departments and external parties to resolve issues.
- Production of monthly reporting.
- To aid in the development and improvement of models to assist with the invoice validations process.
- Assist in providing analysis and support for the monthly financial accounts.
- To maintain documentation of applicable working processes and to keep a full audit trail of all workings.
- Other ad hoc work including responding to information requests from across the company.
- Completion of all tasks in a timely manner and to a high standard of quality.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Our closely knit teams are core to our success, working both individually and together to deliver value through solutions tailored for Gazprom Energy’s needs. The characteristics that we feel contribute to this are:
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Excellent analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail and a problem solving attitude.
- Data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to others.
- Able to build productive working relationships with other areas of the business.
- A good level of computer skills; including intermediate level of Excel is a necessity.
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated and proactive individual and team player, with a desire to learn new skills.
- Self-sufficiency and confidence to put your ideas forward.
- Organised, diligent and reliable.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise way.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets within Excel to identify variances and discrepancies.
- Good understanding of financial processes and driving through process improvements.
- Displays excellent analytical skills & attention to detail.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills.
- A strong desire to attain a professional Finance qualification e.g. CIMA.
- Experience of using the SAP accounting package. (desirable)
- Experience of using Microsoft Access with experience of creating complex forms & queries would be a big advantage. (desirable)
- Strong academic A’levels
- Degree qualification of 2:1 or higher from an established university, preferably in a numerate discipline
- Analytical Skills
- Commercial Finance
- Data Analysis
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'