With an annual turnover of circa £250 million, this well known brand is entering an exciting period of change and this role would Business Partner with several Retail, Buying & Merchandising teams and you would own the Forecasting process.
**This is a Fixed Term Contract for six months**
To work with key business stakeholders to review and access the forecast process that exists within their department of responsibility.
• To work with the key business stakeholders to identify changes to the input, process and output of forecast information within their area of responsibility.
To identify weakness in resource, process and systems and assist in making the necessary recommendations for changes to allow for a forecast process that is fit for purpose.
• To ensure that the level of detail of output within each forecast area is fit for business purpose.
• Ensure that the COGNOS forecasting system is maintained with all relevant information and assumptions on a timely basis to ensure accuracy of output. To ensure that all changes to the system are passed to the COGNOS administrator on a timely basis.
o All product data is up to date and accurate.
o All store data is reviewed to include new stores, closed stores, refit stores etc.
o All lead time data from suppliers is reviewed for accuracy on a timely basis.
o All assumptions used in the process are reviewed on a timely basis for accuracy and relevance.
• To complete and communicate monthly timetables to the relevant business departments with forecasting responsibilities.
• To ensure that all departments adhere to the timetable. Communicate any issues to the Senior Commercial Manager on a timely basis which could impact the completion of the forecast process on a timely basis.
• To orchestrate all relevant cross departmental meetings and ensure that consensus is agreed within each forecasting stage.
o Demand plan.
o Supply plan.
o Logistics plan.
o Support function plan.
To present a monthly report to the Leadership team to explain the main assumptions of the forecast for final authorisation. This report is to include risks plus mitigation and management of the risks, conflict and resolution throughout the monthly process and main changes from last submission.
o To include analysis against budget. To quantify any risks and state management of risks where applicable.
o Identify any material movement or assumption changes against the budget in all individual areas with full explanation as to reasons. Quantify impact on changes against the budget
o To highlight any particular areas of concern from a financial perspective with reasoning behind concerns.
• Complete a full post implementation review on a monthly basis to assist in future monthly forecast setting. To explain any movement against forecast by KPI’s. To include but not exhaustive to the following:
o Ordered sales achievement v plan.
o Ordered sales achievement at store split level.
o New product performance.
o Actual sales mix split by channel v forecast.
o Product range performance v forecast.
o Delivered sales v forecast with reasons for any difference.
o Margin analysis.
o Logistics costs.
You will be CIMA / ACCA Qualified ideally 1-3 years post Qualified experience in an Analyst / Business Partner or Commercial Finance role.
Applications are also welcome from those in Practice wanting a first move into Industry or strong Management Accountants with some Analytical duties included
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business