Commercial Finance Analyst - Birmingham - £40 - £45k
Are you looking to move away from month end and want ownership of a business unit?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a service provider in Birmingham with the recruitment of a Commercial Finance Analyst who can support a challenging area of the business with insight into the make-up, risk and projected profile of all revenue streams, and then provide recommendations on how to improve.
This is a great opportunity for a Finalist/ Qualified Accountant who enjoys challenging and influencing in their current role but is fed up of the frustrations of month end or somebody else taking credit for their detailed analysis. It also offers an opportunity to build a business partnering skillset with stakeholders who will expect you to be an expert and their go to person on all finance matters.
Commercial Finance Analyst in Birmingham responsibilities:
- Produce accurate, timely and meaningful financial management reporting on a daily, weekly and periodic basis to ensure the Operations team receive management information in an efficient manner to assist in all commercial and financial decision making
- Front line financial support to the Operations team, operating as the key Finance representative on relevant steering groups and project teams
- Take ownership of the business financial results, being the established expert in the performance of this business unit.
- Provide the necessary financial input to promote over performance and address under performance working with the Operations team and the other members of the Commercial Finance team to review actual financial performance and produce rolling forecasts
- Establish effective working relationships with all senior members of the Operations and wider teams to develop credible knowledge and understanding of the organisations challenges and its opportunities
- Establish effective relationships with other relevant people such as our core Finance function
- Other ad hoc reporting/project work within the Commercial Finance team as and when required
Is the Commercial Finance Analyst in Birmingham role right for me?
Typically the business like to take first movers from practice who can demonstrate a commercial mindset and the personality required to thrive in a fast paced environment where relationships are crucial. However, they are also looking for industry trained individuals with experience preparing Management Accounts and then translating their findings to non-finance individuals.
The business understand that high performers are constantly looking for continuous development and the leadership team will often look internally to fill new positions. You can expect to be in a role like this for between 12 months and 2 years depending on how determined you are to succeed. They are ideally looking for an ACA, ACCA or CIMA Finalist or Newly Qual.
Commercial Finance Analyst in Birmingham Package:
- £40,000 - £45,000
- Private Healthcare
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job