Transparent is delighted to be supporting one of our global clients in the recruitment of a Commercial Finance Analyst. This business has its Head Office in Essex and employs around 30,000 people worldwide. It is an exciting and dynamic business going through a high-growth phase, and one which has a strong emphasis on providing outstanding customer service.
The overall focus of the Commercial Finance Analyst role will be to provide timely and accurate information with supporting analysis to the Finance Business Partners and the wider business with the decision making process. It will draw on your strong communication skills and will offer a diverse and varied set of duties, focused towards management accounting.
Core duties will include:
- Assisting with the production of monthly board packs for the group and various business units, and working with the Finance Business Partners to add meaningful commentary to assist management in steering the business
- Analyse performance of business units, investigating and producing monthly reporting and ad hoc analysis to support with the decision making process
- Produce all analysis to support journal postings within the team, including all accruals and prepayments
- Analyse, investigate and resolve exceptional items within P&L and Balance Sheet
- Produce key performance indicators for all business units and support functions to drive value and decision making
- Calculation of rebates for customers and control of payment process alongside the billing team
- Assist with budget and forecast process
- Ensure accuracy of P&L and Balance Sheet by providing the Finance Assistants with the appropriate guidance
This particular business encourages progression and identifies talent within individuals. The role will therefore provide a strong grounding and will give a broad overview of the business and the way this particular team operates, from ground roots up. It offers a good 'stepping stone’ into a Business Partner role should you wish to take it, as organic development of staff is important to this organisation.
- AAT qualified with relevant experience in a similar role, or:
- Part qualified and actively studying towards the ACCA, CIMA, ACA qualification or equivalent would be of interest, however, is not essential
- Experience of working for a medium to large organisation would be beneficial
- A focused disposition, and a strong team player approach
In return, our client is offering a competitive base salary which comes with a 10% bonus, plus a generous reward package which includes various discounts on well-known retailers and extensive Learning & Development programmes.
A study support programme is also available for those who require it.
If you fit the above criteria and demonstrate a solid work history with a clear focus on your career path, please contact Samantha Harris immediately.