Commercial Finance Analyst - Airline Operations
The Airline Operations finance team is responsible for producing insightful monthly reporting packs for presentation to senior management and has full ownership for the planning, pricing, budgeting and forecasting processes for the Airline Operations function. This will include identifying and managing risks and opportunities within their remit and ensuring that the P&L, balance sheet and cash impacts of forecast changes are accurately reflected.
The Commercial Finance Analyst will support the Airline Operations’ finance teams in providing relevant and timely information for Operations within the Airline division by providing clear and meaningful analysis of costs and revenue within the area of responsibility.
The role will also work closely with key stakeholders (on key projects and reporting) to communicate and to identify and support the Airline Operations finance team with the realisation of commercial and financial opportunities.
What you will be doing
• Own the overheads process for Airline Operations - produce and maintain analysis of overheads across all sub-teams, to ensure costs are accurately tracked and controlled whilst liaising with the finance team and business partners.
• Detailed analysis of costs incurred to date and expected future expenditure to input into the forecast process, to identify any risks/opportunities.
• Lead the Airline Operations finance team in the delivery of successful standardisation and consistency in Overheads reporting across the team.
• Support the finance team with delivery of internal process improvements
• Provide accurate and timely management accounts from an overheads perspective on a monthly basis to pre-determined timescales including adjustments, commentary and reporting for areas responsible
• Work closely with the accounting team throughout the month end process to support with any queries.
• Work closely with stakeholders in TTGSL to ensure accurate accounting for the intercompany IT recharges and build a robust forecast, 5YP and Budget for all Aviation IT costs in conjunction with TTGSL.
• Work with the SSC to understand any anomalies with standing data / invoices received.
• Interact with and business partner a range of members of the Operations’ teams, from band 6 right up to Director level.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis as required by the Commercial Finance Manager / Head of Operational Finance, depending on the needs of the wider team.
• Provide support to the wider Direct Operating Cost (DOC) base within the team once the Overhead element of the role is established.
What we are looking for
• A high calibre individual who is ideally already actively studying or has the drive and ambition to complete a relevant accountancy qualification
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical and Excel skills
• Clear communicator - adapts communication to match audience
• A self-starter dedicated to delivering to deadlines and managing own workload
• Pride in ownership of task and deliverables
• Commercial judgment and ability to influence
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'