Our client is a leading FMCG wholesaler in the world of pharmaceuticals
Responsible for planning and expediting the purchase and sale of Parallel Import, Parallel Export PI/PE & UK Trading of medical products from our UK, European & Global supplier base.
The role involves both routine and non-routine tasks within purchasing & supplier management and performance of the role to an appropriate standard also requires the job holder to engage in and influence tasks across the wider business.
Innovation and creativity are important in the development of Buying/Export & vendor management plans and in the expectation that the job holder would contribute to the continuous improvement of the function’s systems and practices.
The role involves the management of the office trading team, currently 2 members, providing direction to ensure delivery of project delivery, revenue and profit objectives.
The Role Holder:
The job holder would have a very high degree of autonomy and independence in the creation and execution of Buying & Export plans relating to the vendor base, day to day management of related tasks and in decision making relating to order placement, negotiations and spend.
This is a key commercial role within the category, the success of which has a real and direct impact on the achievement of the function’s financial results.
Will have previous team management experience within an office setting and also remotely. Ability to set and monitor objectives. Previous coaching and performance management.
You have the ability to influencing local and foreign suppliers from administrators to Directors & Company owners.
- Expertly manage our vendor portfolio with a strong focus on the development and maintenance of high quality working relationships
- Contribute to the Development and execution of the Buying/Export business plan, a focus on the expansion of product and vendor portfolios and product lifecycle management in order to control obsolescence and avoid unnecessary investment in stock
- Utilise strong negotiation skills to gain access to all required stock and to maintain a strongly competitive cost of goods
- Become an expert in this area and strive to continually develop your knowledge of the markets we engage in, new potential markets, existing & new products and our competition
- Manage the International Business Development trading team, providing support and guidance to achieve objectives.
- Produce accurate and timely reporting and contribute to the accurate maintenance of critical records and IT systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Strong Supplier Relations & Negotiation
- Experienced manager of teams, ability to coach.
- Appropriate commercial experience, preferably in a Buying, Export or trading role
- Ability to operate under pressure
- Excellent planning and organisation skills & close attention to detail
- Effective communicator & able to work with people at all levels of organisations internal & External
- Numerate and analytical
- Team player
- Other European languages are desirable
- Understanding of the UK Dental Market or Medical Device markets is desirable
- PC Skills - Good knowledge of Excel essential
Key working Relationships:
- Supply Chain
- Couriers & Other logistics providers
- International Business Development Team
This role is primarily concerned with the management of UK & foreign suppliers and some travel maybe required from time to time.
The job holder will be expected to exercise a high degree of autonomy in decision making relative to their vendor base and in prioritising the work.
- Import Export
- International Business
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- parallel imports
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job