Commercial Estimator FTC
About the role
This is a 6-month, fixed-term contract role, based at our Heavy Duty manufacturing site in Hinckley.
We're looking for a Commercial Pricing Specialist to join our Packaging division as a key member of the Industrial Commercial team. As our Specialist, you will contribute to the ongoing commercial development of the business, working closely with the Sales team to provide insightful analysis on our commercial business decisions.
The role will see you working closely with our Commercial Finance Manager on tender activity, supporting our key account leads on customer specific activities. You'll be responsible for daily price quoting activities, using a consistent commercial approach that supports both volume and margin growth. You'll collate quotation feedback and maintain our pricing tracker, providing insightful information that will drive pricing levels and market understanding.
You will also support the Commercial Finance Manager with value creation, working on programmes of Commercial Excellence, helping us to understand the routing profitability for the cluster, using insight to drive value through pricing decisions.
At DS Smith, we actively encourage career development and want you to take ownership for seeking out new learning and development opportunities. You should be able to manage your own workload and respond to requests in a timely fashion, to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Strong academics, educated to A Level standard or above
- Knowledge of financial management and commercial awareness
- Strong IT skills, advanced Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- An understanding of pricing systems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment (preferably manufacturing)
- A team player with excellent communication skills, able to engage with both a finance and non-finance audience
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and corporate discounts
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'