Commercial Estimator – (Aviation / Machining / Fabrication)
Reporting to: Commercial Manager
Our client is an engineering company offering an advanced manufacturing service to the Aerospace and Defence Industries.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Commercial Estimator for their Stansted location.
To play a key role in the development of the Commercial Department acting as the primary commercial interface between the Company and its customers, drafting contracts, negotiating, and liaising as appropriate.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensure stable, transparent and traceable market driven cost structures and provide accurate costing and pricing figures to the company’s business development team
- Support the development, implementation and optimization of market driven costings and manage and analyse all materials against a project
- Produce accurate costing estimates in response to customers / product developments
- Read and assess drawings
- Ensure that Customer expectations are met and exceeded and identify areas for improvement
- Preparation of quotes/submission, putting bids together and agreeing contracts
- Liaise with internal colleagues regarding product set-up, routings and other technical aspects
- Perform any other duties within your capabilities as directed by the Company
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Estimating and material costing experience within aviation / machining / fabrication is essential
- Previous experience in costing is essential
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs, particularly Excel / Access
- Must be capable of producing work to a high standard of accuracy
- Have excellent communication skills and will be expected to develop working relationships across all departments of the business
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and capable of working to challenging deadlines
If you have the relevant skills and experience and feel that this could be the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV and cover letter to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job