Role - Commercial Engineer
Ref.No - RH139
Location - Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary - £35,000 p.a.
Job Type - Permanent
Status - Full Time
Are you a Commercial Engineer?
Are you and apprentice trained engineer or similar discipline? Do you have a strong background in mechanical engineering? Can you liaise with customers technically as required and take ownership of contracts? Would you like the opportunity to develop professionally, build on your knowledge and widen your skill set?
If so, please see the fantastic opportunity we have below!
What will I be doing?
- Produce optimum method and profitable estimates from drawings or digitally provided date
- Project manage new business
- Generate project plan
- Create clear and concise quotes
- Complete and conduct quick load as a priority for new orders
- Complete and conduct contract review
- Negotiate raw materials and purchase as required
- Provide technical support
- Monitor contract profitability and review with production/supply chain where appropriate in terms of price increases
- Proactive in continuous improvement ideas on product quality and delivery and reduce Cost
- Ensure customers are kept informed as required
- Ensure all company conduct, safety and quality procedures are rigidly followed
- Work as a team covering and supporting advising best practise as required
I should apply if I have…
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering information
- Good communicator at all levels both verbal and written with persuasive negotiating skills
- Good level of IT literacy
- Can-do attitude with a flexible approach, strong work ethics essential
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience as an account manager in an engineering company would be advantageous
- Experience in a sub-contract machining company would be advantageous
Easy transport routes; from Wallingford, Chalgrove, Benson, Henley-on-Thames, Oxford, Abingdon, Didcot, Reading, Thame, Sutton Courtenay
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Communication Skills
- Contract Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"