Domestic / Commercial Heating Engineer required for a School based in Godalming Surrey
Your new company
A highly regarded and well respected Independent school based near Godalming in Surrey.
Your new role
Working as part of the in house maintenance team as a Commercial/ Domestic Heating Engineer main duties and responsibilities will be:
- To carry out a variety of Commercial and Domestic Heating Engineering work including planned preventative maintenance and servicing on School estate and properties.
- A Variety of Plumbing work where necessary
- To have a thorough understanding of all relevant gas safe and water regulations and associated Health and Safety regulations for your trade.
- To maintain a good relationship with all members of the School
- To carry out other non-mechanical and Plumbing tasks as may be required from time to time by the Maintenance Manager and other Estates Department Managers
The standard hours are Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday all year round. A willingness to be flexible in working hours is essential and the post holder may be required to join the out of hours call out team.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with good communication skills. The successful candidate will also be used to working in a team environment.
The following attributes and Qualifications are Essential for the role:
- Experience of working in a construction/ maintenance environment
- Proven expertise and experience in working on domestic gas installations and appliances
- Current Domestic gas - safe qualifications
- CCN1 - Core Domestic Natural Gas Safety
- CPA1 - Combustion Performance Analyser
- HTR1 - Gas Fires
- CKR1 - Cookers
- CENWAT - Boilers and Water Heaters
- PART L - Energy Efficiency
- Evidence of expertise in plumbing and water installations and knowledge of the relevant sections of the relevant bylaws and regulations
- Fault finding expertise and experience
- Holder of a clean driving license
- Proven experience of managing multiple projects and dealing with a wide range of size and type of building tasks
What you'll get in return
Pay is £35,000 per year plus out of hours on call rota if applicable of £3,000 per year. 5 weeks holiday per year plus 8 days statutory bank holidays. Other benefits include Membership to sports club, Lunches provided, Contributory Pension Scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job