Solicitor - Commercial Disputes
My client is a cutting edge and award-winning modern law practice which embraces ultramodern technology and expert legal services both locally and nationally. Due to unprecedented growth and continued success they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Commercial Disputes Solicitor for their head office in Hull.
- To work autonomously and as part of a team, representing, advising and supporting clients over a broad range of Commercial Dispute disciplines.
- The ideal candidate will have general commercial litigation expertise which will include but is not limited to breach of contract claims; shareholder and partnership, breaches of company administration requirements and director's duties; insolvency law; breach of confidence and data protection; intellectual property; information technology; professional negligence and fraud.
- Participation in projects to develop services in response to changes in the law affecting clients.
- Working across the business supporting the delivery of complete, accurate and timely legal services on all Commercial Dispute matters.
- To provide a caring, quality service to the company's clients in accordance with the plans and targets
- To conduct own cases and provide a first class service in the provision of our support to and representation of the company's clients.
- To be responsible for supervising the work and development of other fee-earners in the team and to support in the overall development and management of the Commercial disputes
- To promote the services of the Commercial Disputes team internally and externally. Taking a proactive approach and developing a fee-paying client base.
- Carry out duties in a professional manner, comply with relevant professional standards and any requirement set by relevant regulating bodies including the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and the Law Society of England and Wales.
- Develop and maintain the competencies necessary to provide a proper standard of service to clients and maintain a record of professional development.
- To support business development and marketing activities.
- To assist in the production of legal content.
- To develop an external reputation of excellence in the Commercial Dispute sector.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Strong academics, including undergraduate degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Qualification as a Solicitor or Equivalent with at least 5 years PQE.
- Experience working in a busy and reputable Commercial Disputes team.
- Working knowledge of IT systems such as Word, Outlook, case management systems and digital dictation systems.
- Experience of dealing with commercial litigation matters (as set out above).
- Able to work on own initiative using their autonomy whilst also being a strong team player.
- Previous supervisory experience is essential.
- Solid insurance experience and understanding of policy issues is desirable.
The successful candidate must be hardworking and committed. The candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills and be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications. We are looking for someone who can show great initiative and who can develop the role as the company grows. This role carries genuine prospects.
If this is a role that sounds of interest to you, please send your CV across to Simon at Clayton Legal on the link provided or alternatively call Clayton Legal to enquire about other opportunities. Please ensure before applying you have the prerequisite experience outlined above
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In-House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Look at our web site www.clayton-legal.co.uk for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'