Commercial Director - Wholesale
Competitive salary with full executive benefits
Pedigree Wholesale is a market-leading supplier of pet and aquatic products, primarily selling to the UK independent retail sector. The company is 100% family-owned and run, with a strong reputation in the marketplace built over 45 years of trading.
Employing around 160 people at their Head Office in Nottingham, the business has 5 depots nationally and revenues in excess of c.£45m. The business stocks and sells a broad range of SKUs (c.12,500) split across pet and aquatic and currently distributes to around 2,500 independent retailers nationally, including key accounts such as Pets at Home, Jollyes, Pet Corner and Kennelgate.
Having recently acquired another business, Pedigree is now embarking on an exciting period of growth and development, and as part of their 2020 Vision, they are looking to appoint a Commercial Director to the Main Board.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating a clear strategy for the sales function
- Managing, leading and developing a large sales team
- Delivering significant sales growth, focusing on the company’s own and exclusive brands
- Building and managing a competitive pricing structure and promotional strategy, that ensures sustainable, profitable growth
- Taking a category-led approach, developing a complete retail proposition to independent customers, offering a significant point of difference to drive loyalty
- Communicating the company’s values and vision, driving overall business performance
- Operating strategically and commercially across all head office functions
Whilst some knowledge and understanding of the pet industry would be an advantage, channel experience across wholesale, and a clear understanding of developing channel propositions for independent retail customers is essential. In addition to the core leadership skills required at this level, the Commercial Director must also be:
- Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen
- Experienced in franchise, fascia and retail club/membership propositions
- Clear understanding of EPOS, POS, promotional activity and added value services ideally within the independent channel
- Category-focused, focusing on a core product range to deliver to customers
- Strong-willed and a natural leader and have the ability to influence at all levels
If you feel like you have the experience described above, please forward your CV details today to discuss the opportunity.
All third party applications will be forwarded to our retained recruitment partners at Clear Edge Search & Selection Ltd.