This is a great opportunity for an in-house commercial counsel looking for a wide-ranging role with a high level of responsibility.
The company, part of a wider global media business, is one of the world leaders of fintech and financial innovation events.
This is a role that has a truly international focus, with over 160 existing territories including UK/Europe, North America, China and Singapore, and new territories being added to the company's reach constantly.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing multi-jurisdictional advice;
- New territory launches;
- Contributing to management decisions and strategy from a risk perspective;
- Day to day support for customer side business requests from the UK and Europe team;
- Management of and liaison with local counsel overseas;
- Negotiation of key supplier and partnering contracts;
- Support on new product launches;
- Overseeing GDPR-readiness;
- Supporting on IP infringement activity;
- Delivering regular training sessions to the business;
- Support on group projects;
- Responding to regulatory developments to mitigate legal risks;
The successful candidate will have:
- 4-6 years PQE;
- Previous commercial in-house environment;
- Strong experience in commercial contracting, IP management, data protection and technology;
- Leadership experience;
- Ability to engage with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of wider teams;
- Creative approach to problem solving.
Competitive salary and a range of benefits on offer.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract with the strong possibility of extension.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact .
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR