Commercial Contracts Specialist - Legal
People make Dell - so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Legal Department at Dell, we are looking for a Commercial Contracts Specialist to join our team in Bracknell.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Responsible for reviewing, negotiating, structuring, and/or administrating contractual documents with customers and/or partners in relation to sales contracts (IT contracts including infrastructure/ hardware, services and software,) for public and private sector (and global) customers. Lead contractual negotiations, with ability to provide a creative and flexible approach to business (smart risk-taking). Work with cross functional organisations to structure and manage the contracting process. Advise the organization of contractual rights and obligations and providing interpretation of terms and conditions. Identify, highlight and provide practical and business friendly alternatives to key risk items.
- Provide contractual and commercial expertise, using knowledge of commercial and legal practice in UK and Ireland specifically as it relates to the IT industry to support and provide guidance in the development and negotiation of contracts, including risk assessment and alternate positions to support the offer whilst ensuring compliance to company policy, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advise and review amendments to contract and/or commercial terms or contract extensions.
- Coordinate internal Dell EMC resources to effectively address and respond to customer’s contractual requirements.
- Independently work with different stakeholders e.g. business segment, sales, delivery, finance, operations, tax, HR, risk management.
- Work with internal tools and processes relevant to the role including contracts database(s) and IT and knowledge management tools.
- Actively support integration of different businesses within Dell EMC. Partnering with businesses to understand key risk areas to provide appropriate support. Knowledge sharing with teams e.g. lessons learnt, negotiation strategies, process simplification/ efficiencies.
- Good commercial drafting, negotiation and influencing skills. Strong communication skills - both verbal and written communication.
- Positive and proactive attitude, approachable, with a strong work ethic. Professionalism and strength of character are required, working in a fast-moving and demanding environment.
- Must be comfortable engaging with key stakeholders including senior management. A demonstrated capability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously, adapt to changing circumstances and deliver according to strict deadlines.
- Encourage feedback from peers and stakeholders to enhance business support.
- Qualifications: Undergraduate degree and relevant experience in the IT sector or Graduate degree relevant experience in the IT sector
- UK Public Sector security clearance.
- Prior in-house experience in a multinational company
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require assistance in applying for an open position or have specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact a member of our recruitment team.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job