My client, a profitable engineering services business with 15 head office employees supporting 40-50 field engineers based throughout the UK are seeking a Commercial Project / Contracts Coordinator / Estimator to join their established team, based in Marden, Kent. My client is recognised as innovative industry leaders, with multinational Blue Chip clients.
Suitable applicants will have experience within construction or shop fitting or experience of multi-site programme management in a similar discipline, alternatively, a recently qualified graduate (ideally building, construction or something technically similar) would also be considered.
Purpose of the Role
To effectively coordinate all activities relating to the projects, ensuring safety, contractual performance and profitability, as well as building/maintaining the relationship with the customer.
- Coordinate contract to ensure that safety performance and profit levels meet company and customer expectation.
- Ensure that the customer’s and Company’s targets are met, both financially and operationally through the organisation and management of projects under your control.
- Update internal system by job as factors change and update each job on the customer’s web service as required.
- Speak to crews as required when the work plan first gets published, to discuss planning/materials, fixings required, waste arrangements, delivery arrangements and expectations of the work instruction.
- Maintain Health & Safety standards in accordance with Health & Safety at work Act 1974 and Management of Health & Safety at Work (ACOP) 1999.
- Help maintain and adhere to systems compliant with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 procedures
- Agree scope of works with customer and Operations Manager, liaising to ensure that the brief and expectations are clear, traceable, and measurable and adhered to.
- Pass on clear instructions as to scope of works and forecasting to the Job Planner and/or those appointed to carry out the completion of the work on site, as appropriate
- Negotiate prices, variations and extras with customer to ensure that changes to scope are reflected in prices to ensure profit targets are met.
- Place orders on suppliers and authorise or dispute their invoices, ensuring that charges are accurate and considerate of the contractual constraints.
- Report cost variations on project and details on job statuses to the Director.
- Ensure that all jobs are invoiced to include all additional costs
- Competitive salary of £30-35K (DOE)
- Free parking
- Expenses for any site visits
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and profitable organisation that will offer competitive rewards and an excellent working arena.
- Contract Management
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job