Your new company
Harrison Catering Services - In-house Legal Opportunity (Part-time) Harrison Catering Services have been making meals since 1994 and are proud to say we've gotten better at it every year. Our founder & Chairman, Geoffrey Harrison, believes the best meals are both delicious and nutritious and all the ingredients should come from trusted sources. It's a vision shared by all at Harrison because we believe 'happy cooking' makes for excellent mealtimes! At Harrison, we check and double check our sources to be sure our ingredients are top notch. This doesn't just apply to our food either because Harrison itself is a mix of specially selected ingredients - creative chefs, experienced managers and an expert nutritionist collaborate for a delectable result.
The Opportunity - Commercial Contracts Manager (Part-time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Commercial Contracts Manager (part time, working three or five days a week (25 hours). Reporting to the Finance Director, the overall purpose of the role is to provide professional and comprehensive advice and assist in all general legal, commercial and regulatory compliance matters as well as ensuring administration and commercial accuracy of all contracts. Your new role
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on commercial contracts with customers, suppliers and service providers
- Tracking progress of contracts in negotiation
- Liaising with sales, operations and finance departments to ensure accuracy of commercial terms
- Acting in an advisory capacity to the company on data protection matters
- Maintaining accurate records of agreed contracts
- Printing, binding, posting and filing agreed contracts
- Reviewing and commenting on draft terms and conditions during tenders
- Reviewing terms and conditions of lease and rental agreements
- Drafting letters and coordinating responses during disputes with third parties
- Keeping abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations
- Researching specific regulations on request and advising the directors
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified solicitor or qualified by experience.
- Previous In-House experience is a commercial contracts position required
- Satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure and cleared Barred List check essential.
- Excellent communication skills. Communicating effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation is key
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients by phone and occasionally face to face
- Good negotiation skills
- Able to cope under pressure with ability to prioritise key tasks.
- Able to ensure confidentiality.
- Be able to work accurately, with good attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
People work better together and here at Harrison we love people! The quality of our food is partnered with the quality of our service - after all, we can't put the H in happy cooking without happy staff! Harrison offer a friendly and supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your commercial and business negotiation skills. A very competitive basic salary and package. The role is part-time, working three or five days a week (25 hours). Developing people from within has always been a key priority and as the business continues to grow, so will the opportunities to get involved with other areas of the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- commercial contracts