Great opportunity for a Commercial Claims Handler who has 2 - 5 years of commercial property claims experience with public and employers liability, to join an established and thriving company based in Ipswich.
You will have knowledge of dealing with solicitors, loss adjusters, broker claims departments and the procedures required for handling a property claim, from the initial notification to through to settlement.
Responsibilities of Claims Handler
- Analysing claims and deciding whether they are covered
- Assisting in making recommendations for the settlement of claims
- Liaising with brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors as necessary
- Organising payments to insured’s and third-party suppliers
- Ensuring all enquiries and payments are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Ensuring client documentation is correct and internal records up to date to allow for effective file review and audit purposes
- Maintaining communication with clients/brokers and informing them of updates and case progress
- Reviewing claims regularly using a diary system to ensure accurate reserves and timely closure
Key Competencies/Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent property insurance knowledge
- 2 years+ experience of dealing with commercial property damage and EL/PL claims
- Knowledge of claims coverage issues and wordings
- Excellent and confident communication skills for liaising with all stakeholders (brokers, loss adjusters and solicitors)
- Understanding of claims compliance and management
- Flexible attitude and the ability to work within a changing environment and the ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Cert / Dip CII qualified (desired but not essential)
- Good GCSE grades (Maths & English in particular)
- Good IT skills (Microsoft suite and SSP Pure)
- Any other relevant qualification or desire to progress towards a professional qualification
In return you will be offered a competitive salary with great benefits
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'