Premiere Personnel are currently recruiting for Body Repairers on behalf of one of our Manchester-based clients.
Repair or replace: back doors, side posts, side raves, roofs etc
- Wear appropriate PPE. Overalls/hi-vis and steel toe capped boots are compulsory
- Clean your bay ready for work.
- Get, read and follow your job card.
- Plan your work. Inspect your vehicle.
- Speak to stores about parts. Book all parts onto the job card.
- Be competent in the safe use of electrical and air tools and check all equipment before use. Ask for training or guidance as necessary.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions, trouble shooting breakdowns, performing preventative maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Communicate with the Manager/foreman the estimated length of time for the job and keep them up-to-date with any developments or problems.
- Initiate repairs to trailers using parts where available or fabricate own parts. Weld as appropriate to a high standard, inspect and test welds.
- Jobs include repairing and refitting roofs, repairing and replacing back doors, straightening out trailer bodies, work on refrigerated units, repairing or replacing pillars etc.
- Assess H&S issues related to the job and speak to foreman/manager about issues that you feel you need resolved before starting the job.
12. Follow company H&S procedures. Ask if you are unsure.
13. Wear PPE as appropriate. Keep your PPE safe and replace as appropriate.
14. Be aware that you are responsible for your own H&S and that of others.
15. Keep work area clean and tidy. Maintain a safe working environment by following procedures and complying with legal requirements.
16. Keep job sheets ongoing.
17. Hand in job sheets at the end of the job and collect new job card.
18.This is a non-exhaustive list of duties and you will be required to do anything reasonable that is asked of you.
Skills: Welding and fabrication, documentation skills, basic safety, power tools, lifting, analysing information, dependability and independence.
£9.50 - £11.50+ dependant on experience
Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00
If you have the relevant experience and skill set, please forward your CV to the Premiere Personnel Recruitment Team.
Premiere Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Premiere Personnel Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job