Change Public Practice are working with a market leading Big 4 firm in Glasgow to assist them in the recruitment of an Audit Assistant Manager. This role will involve working on engagements from a variety of industries including Energy, Financial Services, Public Sector, Property and Construction, and Retail amongst others.
This Big 4 firm has a real focus on work-life balance, flexible working hours (including early or late starts, shorter working days etc.) and as such has a strong staff retention. This firm also offers an excellent remuneration package and career progression opportunities.
· Planning and project managing all aspects of audits
· Leading teams on the ground and reporting directly to the manager and partner on a day-to-day basis and budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects with a key focus on optimising profitability
· Report writing for Audit Committees and management
· Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
· Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
· Building relationships with the client and acting as an ambassador for the firm
· Identify new opportunities for business development
· Reporting to Audit Managers and Partners on the progress of the audits and raising an potential issues as necessary
· Must hold a relevant CA qualification i.e. ICAS / ICAEW / ACCA etc. with at least 1 year PQE gained within Public Practice
· Exposure of working on a mixed portfolio of clients with a wide range of industries would be highly advantageous
· You should demonstrate a practical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS and have an awareness of the requirements of New UK GAAP (FRS 101 and FRS 102)
· Experience of US GAAP would be advantageous but not essential for the role
· Ability to identify and pursue business opportunities
· Must have previous experience of coaching and mentoring junior members of staff