We are looking for a highly numerate Commercial Assistant, with strong commercial and organisational skills and good attention to detail. Working closely with the Commercial Executives and Commercial Manager, you’ll provide administrative support for the team whilst developing an understanding of our strategy and playing a valuable part in achieving our business goals and objectives.
Whilst building a commercial knowledge of the destinations you are working with, you’ll play a key supporting role in the day-to-day management of our pricing content for both web and print; and build an awareness of the competitive environment we operate within. Commercial is at the heart of the business, so you’ll be working with many departments to provide them with pricing information and support.
This vacancy provides a fantastic opportunity to join the Commercial department and by showing initiative and drive, there may be opportunities to get involved in further aspects of commercial performance management in addition to the core responsibilities of this role, so apply now!
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with other departments to effectively communicate offers and encourage feedback to ensure they are relevant to customer demand
- Carrying out regular competitor analysis
- Creating new deals pages on our website, monitoring regularly to ensure relevance
- Monitoring sales and margin performance, suggesting actions to maximise opportunities
- Monitoring rate of sale, customer search demand and bed availability to ensure additional allocation is requested where required
- Developing an awareness of our sales and margin targets
- Assisting with the pricing process including creation of margins, year-on-year cost analysis and generating prices for brochures and tactical campaigns
- Incorporating the website into everyday thinking, ensuring it is reflective of current activity
- Being a point of contact for other departments, providing them with commercial information and suggestions
- Building and generating reports to help inform commercial decision-making
- Managing all price loading and price changes in relevant systems
- Reviewing margins and margin dilution issues for your area and taking appropriate action to correct
- Communicating special inventory requests to Inventory Executives
- Working closely with the Sales Team to identify and eliminate barriers to sale and assist with increasing conversion wherever possible
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor pricing and positioning
- Actioning price query calls from Sales Team
- Providing support on key commercial projects and producing ad hoc reports as required
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience of working in a commercial role, ideally within the travel industry
- An ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy in your work and good analytical skills
- A commercial focus and ability to make recommendations and take decisions
- An ability to manage own workload effectively - well organised, flexible, able to determine priorities, act on own initiative, but also a strong team player
- A highly flexible, driven and motivated individual with strong communication skills
- An ability to identify and create sales / margin opportunities
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, this may involve working additional hours at peak times, including weekends
- Confidence in managing and loading offers onto a live website
- As effective communicator at all levels with strong Influencing skills
- Microsift Microsoft Excel and Word to an Intermediate standard Knowledge of Travelink (or a similar tour operations selling system) is an advantage
- A good understanding of Business Objects Reporting or a similar MI reporting system
Working with us:
Operating across the globe including Europe, Caribbean & Indian Ocean, we’re passionate about being the best and pride ourselves on the unique and diverse range of holiday experiences we offer our customers. Our combined businesses are the world’s largest provider of specialist and experiential travel with a range of unique experiences, from private jets, polar expeditions, sailing, ski holidays and more.
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with:
- Competitive salary
- Various employee discounts and offers
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"