A reputable and progressively expanding main contractor who specialise in the design and build of bespoke residential schemes across Yorkshire and the North East. Based out of their head office in North Yorkshire they undertake high specification new build and conversion housing projects across the North. They are a strong believer in promoting internally if the talent pool is available and invest a lot of time and money into supporting and developing their employees.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Commercial Assistant/Trainee QS, ideally with experience in the construction sector. The ideal candidate will initially be involved in a lot of tasks commonly associated with a commercial department ranging from filing and organizing sub contractor applications to commercial support and buying duties. A candidate with main contract experience would be advantageous but not essential and the role will offer plenty of scope for career progression.
- Prepare tenders and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Perform risk and value management and cost control;
- Allocate work to subcontractors;
- Main contract experience (advantageous)
- 2+ years in a similar role (advantageous)
- Enthusiastic & self-motivated approach
- CSCS (advantageous)
- HNC or equivalent on going (advantageous)
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.