We’re looking for an experienced Commercial and Data Protection lawyer to join our team on a full time basis, or two lawyers on a part-time basis.
We have an opportunity for a commercial lawyer with data protection experience to join our team supporting clients with their commercial contracts and other related work.
The role is focussed on maintaining high quality legal delivery, whilst working with clients to fully understand their needs and concerns, demonstrating pragmatism where appropriate.
The role would both be serving a broad range of highly valued clients across the full range of size, complexity and value.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of 3-8 years post qualification experience with a solid knowledge of commercial contracts and/or data protection.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- You’ll be reviewing, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts, ranging from international B2B contracts to consumer facing standard terms and conditions.
- You’ll play a key role in building and maintaining client relationships.
- From time to time, you’ll support our M&A team with commercial due diligence.
- You’ll be supporting clients in the development of their data privacy procedures including the drafting of internal and external facing policy documents.
- You’ll also be reviewing, drafting and negotiation of data processing and data sharing agreements.
- You’ll also support clients in their interactions with data subjects of the ICO concerning the processing of personal data.
- From time to time, you’ll support our M&A team with data protection due diligence.
- You’ll have a solid knowledge of commercial contracts, including terms of sale and distribution arrangements.
- Experience of construction and IT contracts is desirable, but not essential.
- You’ll have experience negotiating data processing agreements, advising clients on their data processing activities and dealing with subject access requests.
- You will have the skills to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging workload within a fast paced environment.
- Sound technical and legal skills with a pragmatic approach and solutions focussed advice. • A good commercial understanding and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Can deliver legal services as part of a multi-disciplinary offering.
- Can embrace technology and process.
- Skilled at analysing and managing legal and practical risk.
- Has a desire to provide an excellent client service and the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
You’ll have the opportunity to join a growing team in a friendly and supportive environment and the chance to be part of something different - we believe the delivery of professional services is changing and we’re excited about it.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary, reviewed annually
- Training and development on the job, working closely with experienced senior lawyers
- We offer flexible working arrangements and remote working where possible. Please let us know if you require a flexible working arrangement and we’ll do our best to accommodate this.
- Private health insurance
- Life cover
- Good work life balance with flexibility
- Bonus scheme, based on performance
- Team socials outside of work
- Relaxed dress code
- You’ll be based in Maidstone, Kent but this will be a mixture of working from the office when required and from home.
- Permanent, full time role. However, there is the possibility for these requirements to be filled by 2 part time solicitors, one focussing on commercial contracts, the other data protection.
Our commercial team
We are a small, but experienced, tight-knit team of downto-earth commercial lawyers with a drive to deliver legal advice differently, and more importantly, better.
Business owners want proactive and forwardthinking advice, rather than simply knowledge of the law and statutory requirements.
We provide advice that is commercially focused with a rounded view of the pressures and considerations our clients face, delivered in a way they can understand. We anticipate issues before they arise to help them get the most out of the legal process and to help drive their business forward.
We’re people, giving advice to other people - after all, there’s no point in writing a contract or drafting legal advice if our clients can’t understand it or if it doesn’t help them achieve their goal
We have a wide range of experience advising on and negotiating contracts, assisting with supply chain issues and other trading arrangements.
We often advise on trading relationships and diversification and support our clients with anything from agency or distribution networks to franchising models
We’re also experienced in advising businesses on privacy and data protection issues as well as commercialisation of our clients’ brands or valuable IP.
Our work spans a variety of sectors but we have extensive experience in the healthcare, food and drink and energy sectors.
Not only this, but our clients have price transparency from the outset; we carefully scope our work and operate on a fixed fee basis wherever possible, even on large and complex projects.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'