A bit about us:
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the role:
Our Commercial Analyst will be working with various departments in the business. These include: the quality team, finance, the gas installations team, the warehouse and the quality team. We need someone who can communicate with people on all levels in a friendly and professional way. You will report to the Commercial Manager and work closely with other members of the Commercial team on either an ad hoc or frequent basis.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Commercial Analyst:
- You will be primarily involved with delivering: bespoke P&L analysis to support our weekly reporting, supporting the issue of the annual budget and monthly forecasts. You will also be working with other areas of the business providing ad hoc financial and operational analysis.
- Completing cost benefit analysis
- Supporting the delivery of financial and operational reporting
- Working with department managers to implement and monitor KPIs
- Communicating information with internal and external stakeholders
- Generating reports using a range of IT and database systems
- Supporting the delivery of the monthly forecast and the annual budget process
A few things about you:
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives professionally and with a smile, so that you develop strong collaborative relationships. You will need to have a curious and active mind to be able to keep up with changing numbers, processes and targets and be open to continuous on the job development either through formal opportunities such as CIMA/work based classes and informal training in the team. You will have a strong numerical ability and demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
The backbone of this Commercial Analyst role will rely on the ability to work fast paced to produce analysis & timely reporting mainly in Microsoft Excel. Strong analytical ability and an openness to expand your IT ability over time are our main requirements.
Experience and skills needed to become our Commercial Analyst:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (Sumifs/Pivot tables/Lookups/Conditional Formatting)
- Good communication skills
- Deadline driven & the ability to manage your own workload
- Comfortable working within a busy team
- Capable of working with confidential and/or sensitive data
- Part CIMA qualified/looking to work towards the qualification
- Experience in delivering analysis to senior management/a group of your peers
- Financial or analytical background
- Be highly numerate with a logical & analytical approach to problem solving
- Microsoft Access exposure
Why choose AO:
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things:
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Commercial Analyst apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"