Our client is a well established organisation with a global presence. A new permanent opportunity has arisen in their Finance department for a Part Qualified level Commercial Analyst.
About the role:
The Commercial team is responsible for the provision of high quality business partnering, financial management, reporting and analysis to ensure the department meets its financial and strategic objectives.
We are recruiting for a Commercial Analyst to support the business in the provision of data, reporting and analysis. The job-holder will interpret data from our core systems and provide accurate, clear, relevant and concise information to support the wider business in achieving its goals. Information requirements are wide and varied but include business and product performance metrics, budget and forecast information and tracking mechanisms to ensure control and transparency of costs.
Reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager, typical responsibilities would include:
- Reporting - Preparation of regular and ad-hoc reporting to track performance of the business.
- Commercial Support - Using our core business systems (SAP, BW, Spirit) and MS office applications, prepare analysis to provide decision-making support for the business e.g. sales, market, product/brand analysis, overheads.
- P&L - Ensure the P&L represents an accurate record of trading and the current performance is understood. Run regular reports tracking movements in P&L lines. Prepare accounting entries as required to adjust codes/movements.
- Forecasting - Work with the business to create and maintain accurate forecasting with variance analysis against budget and prior year.
- Budgeting/Five Year Planning - Work with the business to support the creation of a robust and defensible Five Year Plan and Budget.
- Assist with the evaluation of business models for new products, partnerships and projects and assess risk and return to enable decision making on strategic initiatives.
Candidates that apply should be actively studying CIMA, ACCA or ACA and have some previous Commercial Finance experience. You must be analytical, good at multi-tasking and have strong attention to detail with at least intermediate Excel skills.